Friday 21 February 2014

A Robot Cushion

Happy Friday!  I have been plugging away at my plus blocks and watching way too much Olympics (that women's hockey game yesterday was quite something! I'll be up early Sunday watching our boys play) so I have little to show for my last two weeks of sewing.

But I do have one finish,  Someone is going to a birthday party and I thought this birthday boy would love to have his own personalized robot cushion.


This required a bit more effort than my usual patchwork  - I worked several evenings on it - but I enjoyed the change.  The embroidery is free motion on the machine, and the appliqués are secured with a tiny zigzag stitch.  It was a bit of a pain to change the thread every time I switched colours, but it was well worth the few extra minutes.

I still love making cushions, but I think the next one will have to be simple squares...

Linking up with TGIFF at Amy's Crafty Shenanigans.

7 comments:

  1. What a lucky boy to receive this, Dom! Great job! That is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pillow! The bright happy colours and that smiling face. It's just sew cute! A great gift for the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the too much Olympics! The sport stress is almost too much for me! :) Fun pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a child's gift! That's simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so cute!! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pillow! Great job. The recipient will just love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cushion is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).