I finally got around to working on my scrappy mountains I started back in January. I don't think I ever blogged about the quilt top, which I finished sometime in early spring:
This top sat in a pile for months until I decided last week to produce a backing. I pinned it Friday night so I would have something to sew at my Guild's Sew-In Saturday.
After a quick quilt consult (I love having guild mates to help out with those tough decisions!) I decided to stipple the low-volume areas with beige thread. I was still undecided about the bright mountains. What to do with them?
By Sunday night, I had finished quilting the low volume areas. It's kind of hard to see the stitches, the beige fabric below is the one that is a little more noticeable.
I am still debating what to do with those bright mountains. Suggestions welcome!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
In other news, our office had a charity auction today and I donated a lanyard I made using an existing promotional lanyard (see my tutorial here). It was a pretty slow auction with few items and few bidders but I am happy to report that three people bid on my item and it fetched $10.
Next on the agenda: Learning how to take good pictures of lanyards!
Hope you did something quilty in the last few days!