Saturday 18 January 2014

More Personalized Cushions

If you have been here before, you know my favourite birthday gift for children is a personalized cushion.

Here is one I did not have time to blog about before.  That is what happens when you leave the design to me:


Squares are my go-to pattern.  The cushion is fairly similar to other ones I have made before, such as this one. Sweet, but not too original.

For the next one, I had a time constraint.  I was only able to start the day of the party.  The birthday boy's favourite colour is red, so I decided to skip the piecing and go for a solid red twill. 

I asked my son for input for the colour of the letters.  Turquoise was is choice, and he was very determined.  No room for negotiation!  I then asked him about his friend's interests, and he suggested I do a basketball in orange fabric.  I wasn`t sure about this colour mix, but it sounded easy enough.  Thanks to Clip Art for providing a good basketball model!  The ball and letters are raw-edge appliqué and the outline form part of the quilting.  I also quilted a couple curved "V" lines to simulate the movement of a bouncing basketball.


Designed by an 8 year old boy.  Pretty cool, huh?  It is very simple, but my son is thrilled with the result, and certain his friend will like it.

3 comments:

  1. Any sensible little boy would love that b-ball pillow! It's fabulous! As are the scrappy squares - classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on the Basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you made that one on the day of the birthday party -- way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).