My biggest victory of the week-end: After
As I have shared before, because the quilting goes in all directions, I had devised a system to keep track of what I had left to do, on a spreadsheet. Every so often, I would update the spreadsheet to motivate me. Only 250 more squares! Only 30 more hours! Only 123 squares! Only 12.5 hours!
After I quilted 8 squares today, I sat down to update the chart today, and realized I only had 3 more to do. I made quick work of that and finally, finally I can call this "beast" done.
Well, it's not finished yet, but it might as well be. All I have to do is sew the binding on it and it's my very favourite part. I am not going to rush this... I am going to savour the moment and finally enjoy working on this quilt again.
And speaking of old, languishing projects, I found these unfinished blocks the other day...
These are paper pieced (not sure what I was thinking) and the white bits are actually the paper background. Well in one evening, I had 6 more made. I trimmed them, removed the paper, added the white corners and assembled this top:
It only finishes at 32", so I will add a white border all around to make it a useful crib size. There was snow outside and a little bit of light left, so I thought I should do a quick photo shoot...
I even had a willing volunteer to act as a quilt holder!
Looks like NOT making lists is the way to go if I want to get stuff done...
Hope you had a nice quilty week-end!